Friday, December 12, 2008

Smiles and coos

BJ is definitely growing bigger and older. He loves to eat and continues to get heavier and longer. He is slowly able to wear more 0-3 month clothes (depending on how big they are) and he now likes to kick the side of the glider while he eats (which he couldn't reach as well a while ago). He is also getting more interactive with us which is really fun. He is working on smiling. When you put him down on the changing table he loves to look at you and give you a big grin! It is so cute!! Also, he has started cooing some, making all kinds of noises. It is so fun! The first time he looked at me and smiled I started crying- it just warms your heart- even though I think it was just a fluke. The funny thing now is, I'm not sure when to mark down in his baby book as his first smile! He still makes me wonder if he is smiling at me, or merely smiling and just happens to be looking at me! His other big step- he is sleeping almost all of his naps and at night in his crib. Occasionally we will put him back in his bassinet if he is having some trouble sleeping- but he's gone a few days being exclusively in his crib- what a big boy!! The funny thing is that we put him in the same place so his video monitor will show his face and now there is a dent in the mattress where his head goes!!

No comments: