Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I sleep here now

So far I think we have been blessed with a pretty good sleeper. I say so far as he is only 3 weeks old and I am not naive enough to think this can't change. But so far we have been blessed. At night BJ currently is going 4-5 hours between feeds (which means he is sleeping 3-4 hours straight- which is great for mom!). During the day, he is still working on his sleeping but does pretty well. He is fond of his Orthodontic approved nuk- especially during the day if he is not sleeping as well, but still has difficulty keeping it in long term. The title of the post today, comes from Brandon who likes to narrate his son's life and expressions and keeps me laughing with his comments. BJ is such a good sleeper at times that he will fall asleep while being burped- I realize this isn't odd- many babies do, but he falls asleep when you sit him up and burp him- with his head off to the side. So Brandon's comment is always- "I sleep here now" which is hilarious to me (isn't it great to have a hubby who makes you laugh!) Currently to display his sleeping "talents" BJ is sleeping on my arm on the desk while I type. Granted he is here because he was fussing (it is almost time to eat) and he has his Nuk, but it is still pretty cute.

Things are continuing to go well. We find ways to run errands about 3 days a week to get out of the house, which is nice for the gal who is used to talking all day long at work and now tries to entertain a little one who just falls asleep to her stories!! We've even been on a few more walks- and Pedro does great- although we have yet to have to pass another dog- which will make me very nervous. Brandon's job is going great- he's enjoying himself but I'm not sure he is always on time- given his weakness for cuddle time in the mornings!! Anyway, better post the pics and get moving- BJ is hungry.
Hanging with Daddy

I sleep here now. . . Don't worry- Brandon was hovering over this pic and pulled his hand away for a split second, but you can see how compliant Pedro can be with him!

Sleeping on the changing table!

No comments: