Monday, April 6, 2009

More firsts

I've had a lot of friends tell me that around 6 months of age babies really take off in their development- we are definitely at that time frame.  

BJ has been working on sitting up more lately- he can sit and play for quite some time.  The only thing is if he does lose his balance, he does not yet know to catch himself with his hand, and will end up stopping himself with his head on the floor.  Luckily he usually doesn't cry with that move!!


He also now has a 2nd tooth, coming through the last few days- what a big boy. I can't get a good shot of it right now, but stay tuned to a toothy grin coming up!!



BJ started solids tonight.  We were hoping to hold out to 6 months of age (coming up in 2 weeks) but he has been overly interested and starting to be less satisfied with only breastmilk lately.  So, tonight we started with multigrain cereal.  It was pretty soupy, but he definitely gulped it down- without even spitting any of it out.  He actually sat and kept reaching for more- I think this kid was ready for his solids!  The last few days he actually would give a nice yell and reach for the fridge when you opened it while holding him- it was pretty cute!!  



The other first is that BJ has his first little cousin!!  Anson Drew was born March 26th at 5 lbs 14 oz to my sister Miranda and her husband Jason.  They have been doing great- I have been so proud of my little sis.  Let me brag a little- she worked out (ran) pretty much her entire pregnancy so she did great on labor and delivery- fast labor, strong delivery- without epidural!  She is doing a great job with breastfeeding, and although is pretty tired out- is a great mom.  Jason has been a great help too- taking Anson at his fussy times later at night so Miranda can sleep some.  I'm so proud of them and can hardly wait to meet my precious nephew.  I am also so excited for when these two little boys grow up a little more and can have fun times playing together!!  Congrats Miranda, Jason, and Anson- we are so excited for your new blessing!!


1 comment:

Aaron said...

This is such a fun time isn't it. BJ looks pretty happy.