Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bedding, cribs, and Penny

Sorry it has been quite a while since I blogged last. There really never is enough time in the day to do everything! Things are going well pregnancy-wise. I am embracing my new found ability to eat anything- maybe too much! It is just such a relief to not be nauseated all the time and go back to eating lots of veggies (and chocolate)! I'm such a fan! My belly is growing- although it's hard to see in the belly bump pics- I have a new one below. But those who know I'm pregnant keep commenting that I'm starting to show- which can be bittersweet. I didn't realize how hard it would be for me mentally to gain weight. It's really strange since I understand the medical reasons etc, but I worry a lot if I'm gaining to much and how I would slow it down if I were. I've talked to a few friends who feel the exact same way (or did). This last week we got a few things for the baby so that has been fun. We are blessed that Brandon's brother and sister have offered many of their kids hand-me-downs for the baby- including a beautiful crib. So Sunday we picked that up. I'd love to be able to put it together in the room, but Brandon wants to have the carpet steam cleaned first so we're holding off. Also, we got the bedding for the crib this last week. So exciting. I love it! It is mostly primary colors- gender neutral and so cute! I attached a pic of our comforter and the pic of the whole set from the internet. It was a six piece set which was really cool- so we have the comforter, diaper stacker, bumper, sheet, crib ruffle and valence. Plus we'll be able to register for the mobile and wall hangings. I love it! B was a little more laid back about the decision, but really likes it now that we have it in person. Although we may have a little discussion about how to paint the room. He wants blue (assuming we're having a boy) and I would like to paint it yellow. We'll see who wins!







In other news- the puppy Pedro likes to play with is named Penny. Penny has graced our prescence more than once and I was able to snap some pics of them playing. Now whenever Pedro goes out his first order of business is to check the fence for Penny. It will be a sad day when she can no longer squeeze through!

No comments: