Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there! I hope that today you feel truly valued and appreciated as you all do so much for us!

We've reached 16 weeks gestation (or four months for you non-week counters)! Things continue to go well. I can still eat- such a blessing after so long not being able to eat! And my energy is mostly good- although I'm definitely more tired lately- which worries me a bit about starting a rotation where my sleep is severely decreased, but God gives us the strength we need, right? We got the carpets cleaned yesterday and they look great. There was a spot in the baby's room that has been there since we moved in that came right out- which is fabulous. So I think today we will put the crib together and put the bedding on- I'm way excited!

Of the many changes I have found that the change in my belly button makes me laugh the most. Not that many of you have seen my prepregnancy belly button, but I'll describe it for you. (I may be able to dig up some pic, but we'll see). So I started pregnancy with this slit like "innie" with just the smallest little nose looking "outie" inside the "innie" - very unique and I've always liked it. Now my bellly button has already started to grow and widen and looks more like a round indentation with a nose "outie." I'm very sure by the end of the pregnancy I'll be one of those women that you'll be able to see the "outie" through my shirts!

This week I have another OB appointment that will be mostly routine, heartbeat, measure uterus, and take some blood for another test. But I'm starting to get excited about our next appointment in 4 weeks where we'll have our ultrasound and find out if it's a boy or a girl. At first I didn't have much of an opinion about finding out, but Brandon was insistent that we do. Now, I'm getting really pumped!! We'll just have to pray that the little one cooperates (or I'll end up having ultrasounds at work until we have verification!)
Belly button pics- before baby (it's pretty old, but the only pic I have of my belly button)
After . . .

Here's the crib:


And for this week's baby bump- baby bumps of the whole family (B's idea) in our currently under construction basement!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I always thought you had a crazy belly button!