Monday, January 19, 2009

3 months

I can't believe it- BJ will be 3 months in 2 days!  Crazy.   Time has definitely flown, although days away from him seem to be extremely long.  BJ started daycare and has been doing well the first week.  He and the caregivers are trying to get used to each other (and their communication).  Alhtough he still takes the same number of naps at daycare- he has a hard time sleeping for longer than 30-45 min straight there, which means most days we pick up an exhausted little boy.  We think the stimulation and playing may be causing some problems since he will sleep anywhere from 1-2.5 hours per nap at home.  He continues to lose his hair- poor guy- although my hair is starting to fall out some too (it has to do with the pregnancy and the stress of delivery etc.) so I say we can be bald together!  He still loves to eat and has even convinced the caregivers at daycare one day that he needed to eat every 2-2.5 hours, but then wouldn't eat at home that night!  They said he really sucked all the bottles down, and they ran out of milk that day.  Who knows we weren't there, but we have to remind them and ourselves that he likes to eat and won't refuse a meal if he is offered it!  Work is getting a bit easier, although I still hate being away from him.  I survived my 12 day in a row stint just recently.  I keep counting down my call- 3 more this month!  I have to say though, I like post call afternoons- the extended time with him- I'm just usually as exhausted as he is!  

We have been working hard on the basement- priming and painting- carpet comes Sat. so it will be awesome to be at a stopping point.  I think we will take a break before we start the entertainment center and the wet bar.  

Anyway, sorry- quick update, but BJ needs his afternoon snack!  Here are some pics of the balding boy- it barely does it justice, but will give you an idea!


No comments: