Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to work

As many of you knew and some of you might have guessed- I went back to work. Thus my lack of blogging. To say it has been a hard transition would be a huge understatement. I've heard man describe having a child as your holding your heart in your hand- and I would agree. It is really hard to hand your heart over to someone else for the day (and in my case the night too). Fortunately I have had some wonderful people help with the transition. We had some great friends watch BJ the first few days, then he spent a day with his Uncle Matt and Aunt Maria, and then my mom came out to help with the transition. It was wonderful to have her- I can't even describe how great my mom is. Take your average great mom, multiply it by 1000 and you get my mom. Not only did she help watching BJ, doing laundry, but she was a great support, talking to me on the phone about BJ and being there for me when I was crying (and even crying with me). I will never be able to adequately thank her. She is amazing. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mom- who is my best friend too. BJ is doing well with the transition- his first day of daycare was today and he did well. The place is really organized and clean- I think it will be great for us!
Work has been busy- or just hard to come back running. I've done 3 30 hour shifts so far, so B is learning how great it was that i was taking the nigh duties all this time. I definitely miss them both though when I'm gone that long.

BJ is working on his sleep. He did a 5 night stretch where he slept from a 10:30 p.m. feed to 5:30 or 6 am feed, but he's currently back to waking up at least once during the night. Hopefully that 7 hour stretch will come back soon. He continues to grow, we think he might be close to 14 lbs now- what a chunk. And he is losing his hair- it is pretty impressive since he has a bit of a mohawk plus a rattail but nothing in between!


B has been working on the basement like crazy- we ordered carpet and he is texturing the walls tonight. Hopefully we can prime, paint and get carpet in before Feb. when the Loewen's guys and their girls come to go skiing. Anyway, BJ is done eating and ready to play, so I'll leave you with pics.
Cheering the Huskers to victory in the bowl game.

Loving time with GrammyReady for churchPlaying video games with Daddy

No comments: