Sunday, March 8, 2009

BJ's amazing dad

Those of you who know Brandon well know that he isn't the biggest help when it comes to housework. Not that he is incapable, just that he, like many men, does not see the need to clean and pick up. Whatever he lacks in domestic chore finesse, he more than makes up for as a dad. BJ really has an amazing dad. I know there are many women out there who worry about leaving their kids alone with their dad for any period of time (one woman actually told me in a panic that she had to hurry home from work one night because their nanny was out of town and her husband would be alone with the kids after work). I definitely do not worry about either one of the two (or three counting Pedro) boys home alone with each other. Brandon has really come in to his own as far as being a dad goes. BJ is becoming more interactive every day, and it is so fun to watch the two of them together. I am back on a inpatient month (the 80 hour/week 30 hour shift schedules) so I was on call yesterday and overnight. I came home this afternoon and picked my precious little boy up from a nap while talking to Brandon. BJ was still pretty dazed, but as soon as he saw Daddy broke out in a big grin (I'm only a little jealous). They are quickly becoming best buds. Brandon is so good with him-playing hard, recognizing when he's ready for a nap, even sitting at the hospital for an hour, waiting for me to have a break so I can breastfeed once while on call- everything. He has become more patient with the rare inconsolable crying spells. Today he even stepped up and washed a load of BJ's clothes quickly after a blowout diaper. He'll race me to BJ's room wanting to be the firs to get him when he is crying after a nap. I've had so many people ask how I do it, being a mom and a resident, working these crazy hours. I tell them it is because of my wonderful amazing husband and his superdad abilities! Brandon, I love you- and I never tire of watching you with our son. Thanks for sharing in the miracle of BJ.

No comments: