Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day

I have to brag about how amazing my husband is.  I am going to assume that everyone that reads this blog understands how busy I am (and how perfectionistic).  So our Mother's Day was fairly low key- I was postcall and exhausted, so I took a nap and layed low most of the day.  But at dinner, Brandon asked if I wanted my present.  He asked BJ if he wanted to tell me, and BJ responded by jumping up and down in his exersaucer.  Brandon's response was "I think she may have the same reaction."  So for Mother's Day, he had arranged for a cleaning lady to come twice a month and clean the whole house!  I bawled.  It has been a huge stress for me trying to be the perfect homemaker on top of a wife, mother, and resident, and it was such a blessing for him to recognize how much stress that would alleviate for me.  I had even started worrying about BJ starting to crawl and being in a dirty house.

On a little more serious note, we have a prayer request of all of you.  BJ continues to wheeze and cough most nights.  We haven't yet labeled it as asthma (we are hesistant to give that label to anyone too early), but it looks like it might be asthma.  Since asthma, his ezcema, and allergies all go hand and hand, and allergies can worsen asthma, we had BJ tested for allergies.  You can only be allergic to things you have been exposed to, we knew many things would still be negative.  His screen did come back positive for food allergy- we'll have to determine what still, and mildly positive for dogs.  We have appointments set up (or we are on the waiting list for August appointments) with lung docs and allergy docs, but we are trying to decide and figure out if being exposed to Pedro will actually strengthen his immune system (like allergy shots) or make things worse.  We would be heartbroken to give up Pedro, but want to do what is best for our little boy.  Thanks for your prayers.

BJ showing his love for all bottles while hanging out with Daddy.

Bottles and the exersaucer- what a great time!





No comments: