Monday, July 12, 2010

Cars and Doggies

So I'm terrible at keeping the blog updated- those who faithfully check- I so appreciate it! I do actually read quite a few other blogs, and I do myself get frustrated at times with no updates. Now if I could just find more dedicated, scheduled time to blog... As I write this, I am smiling while I eavesdrop on bedtime. Brandon and I started trading off bedtime routine nights, after we both wanted to be there with him, but found that both of us was too much. So now we trade. But tonight, I'm enjoying bedtime even when it is not my night. BJ is "reading" to Daddy. He has picked out his favorite books (of the night) and is pointing out the "trucks" and "doggies" on every page. He has truly become a boy after his dad's heart with a love for dogs and for vehicles of any type. He loves working on the car with Daddy, and points out every dog anywhere (although he's not sure he wants to touch them). He loves to sit in the front seats of the cars and "drive" them, all the while spinning the steering wheel and making "vroom, vroom" noises. We recently took him to a car show complete with drag races. These cars were loud, and you would expect any other 20 month old to be scared. But when I looked down to check on BJ while the cars screamed past, he was cheering them on, clapping and giving an impressed "oooo!" As far as doggies go, he points at them all, running quickly after them, but stops short of them touching him- until last weekend, when he warmed up to Brandon's sister's dog Barney. Barney is a sweet cocker spaniel that was very patient- by the end of the weekend, BJ was whacking him with a "gentle" pet, and all were enjoying themselves! He hasn't cured himself of his dog allergy quite yet, however, we left the weekend with new eczema spots on his face and a few stray coughs, but we managed. Here are some pics:

"Vroom, vroom"

With Daddy at the Father's Day Rockies Game!


Dancing in the stands at the drag strip (with bun in hand)
Father and Son, scoping out the strip!

No comments: