Sunday, June 1, 2008

News from Babyland

Sorry I've had some difficulties keeping up with blogging- life gets so busy some times. News from babyland. Not much different for now. We've tried to get a quick peek at work the other day to see if we're having a girl or a boy, but the little munchkin decided not to cooperate. :(. Luckily however, the ultrasonographer in our office comes back this week from vacation and may have better luck- we'll see. I suppose the other news is my growing belly. Although I can still squeeze into a few of my old clothes- the operative word here is squeeze, I've started switching over to some maternity clothes. I'm not a huge fan yet of what I lovingly call the "tent" shirts- which I'm sure will be nice at the end- but really would just like some shirts that are normal appearing but longer. But I'm finding some options- they're just limited!


Other news is I'm back on a call month- my schedule from now until the baby comes is pretty demanding so I better get used to it quick. I had my first call without upper levels which was filled with uncommon things- a gal that delivered and then hours later went back for a hysterectomy because she was bleeding (luckily was done having kids), a call from the ER to get a patient out who refused to leave without talking to her doctor, a Somoli woman who didn't speak any English in labor, and a manic pregnant nurse who demanded everything for her care- including a c-section. I was pretty exhausted after all that! But I survived. I've learned that the constant bathroom need really slows down rounding and to sit whenever possible (since it is possible to spend 30 hours on call and sit maybe 2). I'm sure it will be even more difficult when I'm on call at 35 weeks!


Brandon and I celebrated our 5th anniversary yesterday. It was a gorgeous day here in Colorado (we have a lot of those for those who don't live here), so we worked around the house, helped a couple move, and then had a wonderful evening of church, grilling out, and watching a movie- so simple but one of our favorite things to do together. We're planning a trip to San Francisico at the end of June so that will be our official celebration-so pumped. I'm so lucky to have married my best friend- even after 5 years I still love being married to him!


Better run- we're working on the basement, but I'll add this week's bump pic.

No comments: