Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1 week old and special thanks

Wow- it is amazing- BJ is one week old; (I realize that seems very new- it is, but it is amazing) one week has passed since God blessed us with this awesome little boy. Things have been going very well here at home. We were released from the hospital on Thursday and were happy to get home. He's eating well, loves to breastfeed and is getting on a bit of a schedule. Last night was the best night as far as sleeping goes, so hopefully it wasn't a fluke and it continues. BJ's eyes are starting to "track" together more, and he had some more awake time during the day yesterday. He went to his first doctor's appointment on Friday and things looked great. His weight did not drop anymore after being released from the hospital, and he really hasn't been jaundiced. Brandon has gone back to work (yesterday, although he worked a 1/2 day last Thursday). My parents came out for their first visit with their grandson, and it was awesome. Seriously, everyone has been so supportive and helpful and I appreciate it all, but let me take some time to tell you why my parents are so awesome. If you want to skip the sappy stuff- jump to the pics.

My parents came out Friday evening- ready to help. Both Mom and Dad were very clear they were here to minimize the work that Brandon and I needed to do. My dad spent most of the time here (minus the BJ time) working with Brandon (and without Brandon) on the basement. They got a ton accomplished- HD antennae up and wired and finished almost all of the ceiling work- which is such a great help given my 10 lb weight lifting restriction for 6 weeks. Plus my dad, in true Don Lund style, showed his true servant heart going out of his way to try and figure out what I needed- always offering to carry anything- especially up our stairs, checking on how I was feeling, and even going out of his way to make sure I had my favorite cereal in the house. I don't think he stopped working the entire time he was here. He is great with BJ, and it was great to see them spend time together and bond.

My mom has always been one of my favorite people in this whole world. She is the true Proverbs 31 woman- 28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 29 "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." That is my mom. She has been my best friend- supporting me always through every step of my life- and I put her through a lot throughout the years. She arrived Friday ready to take BJ so I could nap, offer suggestions and organization to make my life easier, cook multiple meals (and extra for the freezer), and clean my entire house. What a blessing. My freezer is full, I have gotten more sleep, my house is not cluttered with baby stuff I can't find a place for, and my house hasn't looked this good ever. (She even took out my staples for me on Saturday!) Plus, she has been amazing providing emotional support for a pretty emotional mom over the last few days- letting me cry about anything and everything. She is amazing with her grandson. I just can't do justice to how appreciative I am for her. Needless to say, I've already lost some tears seeing her go. It will be a lifetime goal that I can be even half the mother my mom was for me for BJ- he would be an extremely lucky guy.

Also, if I'm saying thank you's, I cannot forget my amazing husband. Like most males, Brandon was a bit nervous about having a baby and how he would be as a father, but he had nothing to worry about. He is a natural. He may be improving some of his technical skills (mostly just diapering), and he may not know all the answers, but I love seeing him with his son. He is completely smitten. He's taken a million pictures, and a fair amount of video. He can't wait to see the little guy when he wakes up or gets home from work- and asked yesterday if BJ could go help pick up some elk at a friend's house (anxious to show him off). He is constantly trying to figure out how to help me (which can be hard when I don't tell him). He continually tells me despite the leftover soft tummy I'm beautiful, despite his somewhat sleepless night that I did a good job keeping BJ quiet for him, and just that I'm doing a great job as a mom. I know that having a baby puts strain on a marriage, but I think I love him even more- and I hope he knows that.

Okay, I'm done with my sappy tribute- don't worry, I don't plan on doing this with every visitor we have or on a regular basis, but I felt I needed to publicly thank these awesome people in my life.

Now for the pic time.






No comments: