Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone. BJ and I have had an eventful halloween- very scary- let me tell you. We had a normal morning- breakfast, second breakfast, and then the scary part- a bath (lots of screaming except when he was getting his hair washed he loves that)- followed by being dressed in his costume from Grammy. True to baby form (moms know what I'm talking about) not 2 minutes after I dressed him in his cute Halloween shirt, he vomited breastmilk all over it and the couch. So the shirt is in the wash- we'll try again later. But it was kind of classic- so here is a scary pic for your halloween pleasure. The shirt says "this is my costume". Literally I was going to comb his hair before it dried and then take a pic!! Too late I guess.


Otherwise, things are going well. He has his moments- the fussy times where he will not sleep, but mostly is eating like a champ- (maybe too well given the vomit!) and sleeping between feeds during the night- thank the Lord. We're starting to get into a routine, but obviously he has his own plan sometimes! Th great news is Wednesday I took him to a breastfeeding weigh in at the hospital and at 8 days of age he was already above birth weight- now 8 lb 12.2 oz!! What a great eater!! We say he didn't get to be 8 lbs in mommy's tummy because he didn't like food :). I'm feeling pretty good, but still get "zingers" around my incision around the R side. I hope that leaves soon because I would like to start some light exercise- walking and yoga, but want to be cautious especially with the pain.
Better run, Grandpa and Grandma Workman are coming today so we need to go get things ready for them. BTW Thanks for the shirt Grammy- it was a big hit (or maybe splash!)

No comments: