Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Here's BJ!!!

Hey guys......So this is my first time making an entry into the blog (yeah, it's B). Our little guy decided that he wanted to come out today and into the world. Let me tell you, he chose the quick route, emergency c-section. Everything was going well, then his heart rate dropped into the 50's and stayed there for about 3 minutes. Phones started to get dialed and the chaos started. It took about 20 seconds for the 9 medical people to get into our room, and for me to get out of the way. They wheeled her off and told me to stay put. That freaked me (us) out for a little bit. Then a few minutes later I was told that everything had stabilized, but they were still going to take the little guy out. About 5 minutes later, my son was breathing on his own! It was really scary for a while, but both mom and boy are doing great! He came out 9:33 (Mountain Time) this morning (10/21/08). We named him Brandon Jacob after his proud daddy and his Uncle BJ (Cassi's brother) that he never got to meet. He weighted 8lbs 11.5 oz and 19" long. Here are a couple of the pictures from today......




2 comments:

Miranda said...

YAY! My nephew looks perfect (though I think you should get a pic with him and his mommy, too)...

Katie said...

Congratulations! I just randomly checked your blog tonight and I'm so glad I did! Thank God that both mom and baby are doing well! We can't wait to see more pictures!
*Katie