Sunday, October 5, 2008

I have excuses!!

So I do have some good excuses on why I haven't blogged in forever. Mostly has to do with lack of time- 80 hour work weeks really get to you, and the fact that my husband was out of town and took our computer. Do you forgive me? Hopefully so! So I'll try to update you on everything going on here. The Pregnancy: We have reached the crucial full term mark. Yesterday was the pivotal 37 week mark, so by definition, he shouldn't need much support to survive (breathe especially) should he be born now. So now it is just time to wait. Things are going fine. I have appointments weekly starting this week, and we have another ultrasound next week to make sure he isn't > 11 lbs- otherwise, they'll just schedule for a c-section. I'm praying not, although 10 lbs 15 oz doesn't sound fun to do vaginally either!! My guess is more the 8-9 lb range. Obviously ultrsounds aren't the perfect weight estimate (they can be up to 1/2 a lb off) but it gives us a ballpark, and they'll check my fluid again to see if it is increasing or decreasing. So we'll see. I'm more uncomfortable these days, but still want him to come in God's time- not my own and if that means 4 weeks of being uncomfortable I'll take it. (Remind me I said that later!) The baby's room is essentially finished, we just need to pick up last minute things from Target.

We did a birthing class last weekend which was sometimes redundant knowledge, but nice to have a reminder and for B to prepare some. We went over labor, delivery, newborn care, and breastfeeding- which was nice- and good to get some tips on all these areas.

We have the results of a recent DNA test we did on Pedro to determine his breed (drumroll please): he is mostly Lab, then smaller portions of Boxer and Newfoundland. I have to say we have had lots of Lab and boxer guesses but never Newfoundland. It was fun to find out, but B was a little disappointed he wasn't something more unique than Lab- I say he is super unique, as I'm sure you all can contest to!!

Brandon went to Minneapolis for training for 2 weeks and got back last weekend. He definitely had lots of fun (3 people were fired from his training group for having excessive fun) but he learned a lot. He is enjoying his new job- the people and the work, but is anxious to get his hands really dirty (they have been taking it slow with him getting him "ramped" up).

My mom and dad were able to spend a weekend with me while Brandon was gone and were a great help with working on the basement- what a blessing they are- coming to visit and essentially working nonstop. We're still optimistically hoping to get at least to a good stopping point before the baby comes, but we'll see how much we can do in the time we have left. But regardless, it looks great!

Other news, one of my awesome brother-in-laws, Jason, (they are both amazing) has gotten his masters in math and got a job in actuarial science in Omaha. He starts tomorrow! It was a really hard decision for Miranda and Jason, since they have loved Arkansas but thought it was best for their family. So Jason will be living with my parents in Omaha until Christmas break when Miranda moves up. The other exciting news is that they are pregnant!! The little Oswald is to join the fam May 2- so our little guy will have a little cousin to play with close to his age. We are so pumped for them. (Although their moving to Omaha will make it hard for us to talk my mom and dad into moving to Denver :)). But keep the three of them in your prayers, as it will be a long 10 weeks apart, working in different states. Anyway, lots of work to do here, so I better run, but sorry for the large delay in blogging. Here are some pics.



No comments: